The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you will go.” – Dr. Suess
The reading competition aims to develop children’s love of reading as a habit and a hobby that expands their knowledge, broadens their perceptions and improves their language skills. We hope to encourage children to invest the time during the Winter break in reading various books and stories.
The Reading Competition’s mission is: to develop a love of reading among children and making it as a daily habit in their lives.
The Children’s Museum Jordan’s vision: nurturing generations who seek knowledge.
Second: The Reading Competition’s Outline
- Duration: from Thursday, January 5, 2023 to Thursday, February 2, 2023.
- Who can participate: Current Museum’s member children and the children of Ahli Bank and Zain Jordan employees aged between 7 and 12 years old.
- Participants’ categories and qualifying criteria for each category:
Second category – 9 and 10 years (4th and 5th grade) – Reading 6 books suitable for the age group, each book should not be less than 20 pages.
Third category – 11 and 12 years (6th and 7th grade) – Reading 6 books suitable for the age group, each book should not be less than 30 pages.
Third: Book Selection Criteria
- The books’ topics should vary, and the number of books selected in any of the following categories should not be less than 2 books out of 6.
* Sciences: different fields of science including humanities like religion, astronomy, history and geography.
* Literature: stories and novels.
- The books should be in Arabic and/or English.
- Reading the school curriculum, magazines and newspapers will not be considered in the competition.
- Participants can borrow books from the Museum’s library.
Fourth: Registration and Participation
- To register, you must call us at the Museum’s phone number 065411479, or by sending a message on WhatsApp to the number dedicated for Museum Members 0799566506.
- Last day for registration is on Wednesday, January 4, 2023.
- Each participant should use the Book Summary Form, which will be sent to all participants by Email.
- The Evaluation Criteria will be sent to all participants.
- Last day to submit all books’ summaries is on Thursday, February 2, 2023. No summaries will be accepted after this date.
- The books’ summaries can be delivered by hand to the Museum Librarian in an envelope or by email to: [email protected] The following information should be written on the envelop or in the email body:
- Reading Competition for Children at the Children’s Museum Jordan 2023
- Child’s name
- Parent’s/ Guardian’s name
- Mobile number
- Email address
Fifth: Qualifying Stages and Winners Announcement
First stage – 5/2/2023 – 16/2/2023:
- Evaluation of the books’ summaries according to the evaluation criteria.
- Selection of 5 nominees for each category.
- Informing the nominees that they are qualified to be in the second stage by phone, and set an appointment for a Zoom interview with them.
- Inform non-qualified participants by email or SMS.
Second stage – 19/2/2023 – 23/2/2023:
- Interview the nominees of each category via Zoom.
- Choose winners of the first, second and third places for each category.
Announcement – 26/2/2026:
- Inform the winners by a phone call.
- Announce the winners through Museum’s social media accounts and via email.
- The First place winner of each category receives:
1- A Cash prize of (350 JOD) provided by Jordan Ahli Bank.
2- A Tablet provided by Zain Jordan.
3- A Free annual family membership OR a free birthday party at the Children’s Museum Jordan.
- The Second and Third places’ winners of each category receive a special prize.